Scout
0 Kudos

Be careful ordering online!

We purchased 3 pieces of living room furniture online and were given a confirmed delivery date. We took the day off and stayed home all day awaiting a delivery which never came.

We contacted Purolator the next day and were told someone would call us back (they did the same day, leaving a message).

The next day we called at 8am to be told someone would again get back to us. This time we stayed home in anticipation of a call. When no call was forthcoming towards the end of the business day, we again contacted Purolator and were told "our original message hadn't been forwarded until 1pm" so we'd have to wait for a call back.

I waited until 1pm the following day and then called Best Buy. The customer service associate called Purolator on our behalf and advised us we would get a call within 48 hours after our last call of yesterday. There was no offer of compensation for our lost time and aggravation.

So now we sit, waiting and wondering, if we'll get said call, when it might come, and whether or not our furniture will ever arrive, and in what condition (I dread the thought of having to go through a Best Buy online return).

It's important to note we ordered another piece of furniture on the same day from **competitor**, and had it on the confirmed delivery date with no trouble at all. I advised the customer service associate we are strongly considering cancelling our order with Best Buy and purchasing from **competitor**, who will price-match.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Be careful ordering online!

Hi there @Addison1

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I totally understand your frustration. I have escalated this here at head office & I've also sent you a Private Message requesting some additional information.

You should be expecting to be contacted via the email address that you registered to the community with, but please don't hesitate to reach back out to me if you have any further trouble.

Cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Scout
0 Kudos

Re: Be careful ordering online!

Well, 8 days after the original (confirmed) date of delivery, we received our furniture today. It took multiple phone calls, 3 days off work, and one online complaint but it's here. We had been told by Purolator that they'd be sending a two-man crew but that didn't happen. Thankfully my husband was here and in a position to help. Now to unbox and check condition *keeping fingers crossed*.

(Based on our experience and those of others, I suspect delivery goes much quicker and smoother if one doesn't order large items.)