Pioneer
0 Kudos

Bundle sale, buy over $3,000 and get $500 back

BUILD YOUR OWN PACKAGE AND SAVE WHEN YOU BUY 2 OR MORE MAJOR APPLIANCES*

TAKE AN EXTRA $100 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $1,000

TAKE AN EXTRA $250 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $2,000

TAKE AN EXTRA $500 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $3,000

*Excludes Miele and Best Buy Marketplace™ products, and pre-built and advertised Kitchen Packages.

I bought a fridge, washer and dryer for over $3,000.00

When I first bought the items, the price was 10% off but still over $3,000.00.

When I went back in for a price adjustment within the 30 days, the manager would not give me the $500.00 off, he subtracted the 10% and gave me $400.00 off, which is better than the 10% but I do not know why I could not get the $500.00 off as the ad online says if you spend over $3,000.00 you take an extra $500.00 off.

If anyone could please advise if I should get the $500.00 off because it was over $3,000.00 even with 10% off or I cannot combine offers and could only get one or the other, because there is nothing in the ad or small print that says that I cannot get the full $500.00 off even though the 10% was applied earlier.

Thank you,

Jason

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: Bundle sale, buy over $3,000 and get $500 back

Was the over $3K total price before or after taxes? Most promotions like this have their threshold set at the before tax price. If it was less than $3K before taxes but more than $3K after taxes, that might be why you didn't get the $500 back.

JB

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

First off i'm pretty sure you can't combine offers like that, I'm pretty sure it would follow under "Special sale prices include"

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/lowest-price-guarantee/hc1001.aspx#whichproductsqualify

This would a bit of an assumption by me but I would think if you wanted the new promo it would be based off that current week sale price not the price from 30 days ago if they are different. Saying that if there was something that was maybe onsale that was 150 off and this week it is not you would actually end up paying more even with the new promo.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

After the 10% it was still over $3k before taxes.
Ok, understandable, but nothing was said in fine print and did not say special sale anywhere . If they give me the $500 off then that would be ok but only gave me $400 for over $3k before taxes so just wondering why. Thank you for your help and comments.
Luminary
0 Kudos

I usually assume any promo out side of the sale price would be a special price like buy 2 get 1 free idea. It's really hard to say without getting into too much specifics but like i said in my previous post about individual pricing was vs current price. If there is even one item that was 110 off vs now you actually would of saved more just because i personally wouldn't expect old sale prices to be combined with future promotions.

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Hi@Psychojay555, I would agree with @yippy_13, and without more information about your initial purchase of the fridge, washer and dryer, on which you received a 10% discount, I can't side with you, as it is unknown if you received any additional bonus deal such as a bundled price on the intitial purchase.

From what you're describing of the subsequent transaction, where you returned to the store, it sounds like the manager did their best to provide you with proper customer service, by re-tabulating your transaction and providing you with a "fair discount" for your purchase, I presume by taking into account the discount you received earlier versus the regular MSRP of the appliances you purchased.

From what I can tell, you are asking for an additional $100, regardless of the 10% preliminary discount you already received and I feel that is unfair.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you Elici47 and yippy_13, I'm my first post the second last paragraph , I mentioned he took the 10% away and only gave me a total of $400 off for over $3k appliances before taxes. I agree that the discount should not be combined. But I just didn't get why I only got a $400.00 off in total no extra 10%. Also past my 30 days of price protection now so can't do anything else. Thank you for your comments.
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Sorry Elico47 spelt your name wrong.