Pioneer
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Panasonic hairdryer Nanoe EH-NA65-K-Refurbished. What does "Refurbished" mean? Weird

1. I bought a Panasonic hairdryer from Best Buy yesterday night.  I did not notice "Refurbished" is after the model number.  What does it mean?  Was it broken someway and then repaired/refurbished?  Or is it too old and need to be refurbished due to wear and tear?  What's wrong with it?  

2. Warranty for this item is only 90 days.  As I know, Panasonic usually have at least 1 year warranty for it's product.  So, is it because it was "refurbished" with some problem, then the warranty was shorten?

3. How can I register for a warranty?

4. In case if it needs a repair, how I should proceed for a repair/warranty.

Kindly advise.

Thanks a lot.

Jessica

Pioneer
0 Kudos

What does "Refurbished" mean? Second hand?

Please advise what "Refurnished" after the model number of the Panasonic Hairdryer means.  Does it mean "second hand"?

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Does "Refurbished" mean returned good from customers?

Does "Refurbished" mean good returned by customers and then the shop reselling it  after refurbishing?  Please advise.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Panasonic hairdryer Nanoe EH-NA65-K-Refurbished. What does "Refurbished" mean? Weird

1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refurbishment_(electronics) in a nut shell basically remanufactured items.

2)90 day warranty is pretty much standard for refurbs which is a trade off since refurb items are usually significantly cheaper

3) your warranty with most manufactures is from the date of your proof of purchase

4) since that item looks like it was from the marketplace, outside the 14 days the seller offeres for defective items repairs it would go through Panasonic directly.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Panasonic hairdryer Nanoe EH-NA65-K-Refurbished. What does "Refurbished" mean? Weird

In my opinion, it means that it was returned from a customer, it went back to the manufacturer and was either fixed or they found nothing wrong with it and are selling it again.