Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

horrible delivery service-Washer/dryer

[ Edited ]

Absolutely atrocious delivery from London Ontario. I bought a washer and dryer from Best Buy and was supposed be delivered today. I live in a condominium and from my knowledge appliance delivery did not require to put elevator in service. Other companies haven't had this problem either (I haven't had any problems with other delivery services). The delivery guy insisted the elevator needed to be in service as a rule for delivery after they arrived late. I told him that it wasn't necessary. He proceeded to cut me off when I tried to explain. He also refused to listen when I tried again to explain and complained that he had 25 orders to get through. I later confirmed with my building manager that it was not necessary to move appliance with the elevator in service and doesn't take that much. They only had to make sure the elevator door isn't opened for an extended period of time, which can be easily achieved. I had delivery done before and they didn't need to put the elevator in service. In addition he continued to lecture me that I should know that and had the audacity to tell me they told me beforehand. They notified me 10 minutes before delivery. I'm sorry my building manager isn't at my beck and call and can't shut down an elevator for a vague time frame like 10pm-1pm.

Even if this company has a policy to put the elevator in service, they should informed the deliveree well ahead of time and with a specific time so I can inform my building manager and make plans accordingly. In addition, when I asked to see the company policy, they refused and tried to get in their trunk to drive away.The amount of time I used to try to explain to the delivery guy could have been used to deliver and install the appliances upstairs. He could have been well on his way to finishing his delivery.

If this company had a clear policy then it should have been conveyed to customer directly or at least through the companies which they are providing the services to. I have no problem abiding to the policy. Since I don't know the delivery company, I can only refer to Best Buy and I found no evidence of it on Best Buy website. Although I know Best Buy has subcontracted to a third party delivery service, I'm extremely disappointed that they would chose this type of company to represent Best Buy's standard of service. The attitude and rudeness from the delivery company makes the experience that much more disappointing. I am now left with no washer or dryer.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: horrible delivery service-Washer/dryer

Hi there @AlynaLin & welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you recently had with your washer & dryer getting delivered and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I've reached out via private message to request some additional information so I can have this escalated and reviewed internally. I'm also passing along the information you shared to the relevant teams here at head office for them to read through.

Please respond to my PM and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Xzr
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Another recording machine...never solve problem!

Highlighted
Xzr
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Best Buy major home appliances delivery service is horrible...never buy from them again!