Emerging Expert
AppliancesJer
Accepted Solution

Customer Feedback

As the lead in my applaince department, what are some suggestions from customers on how we can approve our appliance sales experiance for you. For example when you picture purchasing your next appliance what would be an ideal experiance for you and what are some ways we can make that happen. Please keep it clean and be honest yet respectful.
Jer Plastino
Appliance Product Expert
Future Leader
Futureshop 625
Sault Ste Marie On

**Specializing in "Cold Case Files"

ps Hit me up with a KUDOS if you see fit! thx
Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
Kayne314

Re: Customer Feedback

The most important thing to me as a customer is that the salesperson give me his attention fully. Too often I seem to get the salesperson that is "just in the middle of something." usually texting their friend or having a conversation with another employee. Whatever it is they are doing, it is too important to be dealing with customers. If they were with a customer I would understand, but too often that is not the case. When I do get the salesperson, it is often clear I do not have their full attention. I have to repeat myself, and explain myself ad nauseum. It is clear the things I am asking for are going over their heads, even though it is their department, and job to know what I'm asking for. The saddest thing is that it is usually not a very hard question. Just asking, "can this door be reversed?" or "does it come in stainless steel?" can draw a blank stare. I highly doubt it is because they don't know, but instead blame it on the fact that they weren't listening, because they were still thinking about the conversation or text message they had to abandon because they got inturrupted by a customer.

The next most important thing is a positive attitude. I just hate dealing with a salesperson that seems to hate their job or life. Is it really that difficult to smile. If the salesperson can get excited about the sales process, I am a lot more likely to buy from him or her.

If a post was useful and/or informative, then please give a Kudos by hitting the Star.
If a reply answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.
If at all possible, have a great day!

Emerging Expert
AppliancesJer

thank you for the feedback kayne314. That makes a lot of sence. Hopefully my customers don't have those same issues while shopping in my department but extra attention to the situation will be given if i ever notice it. Anyone have anything else? Suggestions? Annoyances? anything specific to Future Shop appliances? We're always striving to be "the place to shop for appliances" and us as leaders and product experts want to find out from you what it will take to get there.
Jer Plastino
Appliance Product Expert
Future Leader
Futureshop 625
Sault Ste Marie On

**Specializing in "Cold Case Files"

ps Hit me up with a KUDOS if you see fit! thx
Contributor
kd3buckeye

Qualify and listen...I'd rather have someone walk out and take their time before making a poor decision with their appliance(s) purchase.  You know that the competition is hammering our credibility with regards to product knowledge, which is a great indicator of how intimidated they are of us as a group and the fact that we are not just price driven.  So I spend the time to ask the questions to get to know who they are and how the appliances are going to be ultimately used.  Show them a few examples based on their replies and talk to them about value...if you've done a good job of explaining all the features and benefits that matter to them (not just illegitimate ones, ones that are more for show), then the pricing issue shouldn't come in to effect.

Two more things...I love doing demos like the vibration ones for LG and Samsung.  I show them, 'this is how it would look and sound in your house'.  Secondly, I make sure I learn about products that are not on our floor - as limited as our spacing is, I know the bigger GTA stores have other models on their floor that we don't.  As well, Whirlpool, LG and especially Samsung, have products that are either exclusive to us and / or have different colours or different sizes available to us that are readily available.  Don't limit customers to just what is on the floor...

LOL...I have one more.  Keep the floor looking clean and while you try your hardest to stay within the floor plans, think outside the box now and then to sharpen things up.  Appliances should be looking in great, showroom shape - plug in products where you can - keep our desks clean, etc. 

This was the start of a great thread, Jer!!!

Julez

Visitor
FelixPan

I find it really annoying that you can only check in-store availbility when your products are in stock for online purchase.
i also think you should allow people to see products that are not instock.
Also the phone in customer services is poor because at te end of options it will tell us to go to the website and hang up. it need to have an option like press 0 anytime to talk to a representive.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.