Appliances & Home

Visitor
llancaster
Accepted Solution

I want to purchase web only 'Haier' 7000 btu portable air conditioner but...

I want to purchase Commercial Cool 7000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner (CPRB07XC7) - Web Only , at $299.99, but I have a problem...since web only products must be purchased with a credit card, I have to make a payment on my credit card first in order to buy it. The website says that most prices and are products in effect until June 04 2009 but it will take 2 days for my payment to go through on my credit card, ie. until June 5th. So I need to know if the price on this item will remain the same after June 4th. I called my local Future Shop and the salesperson was very rude to me and told me they don't know anything about web only products there in the store and to call the 1-800 number...the 1-800 number says to go on the forums, so here I am, I hope you can help me with my question, please. :smileyhappy:

Visitor
vancity65

You're in luck! The unit you're wanting to purchase just...

You're in luck! The unit you're wanting to purchase just went on sale for 279.99 this week! Effective June 5 to June 11. Enjoy!
Visitor
scotdill

You can do two things. First you could go to the store an...

You can do two things. First you could go to the store and purchase a gift card using your debit card. Then you can use the gift card to purchase the portable air conditioner online, but you will pay shipping. I know this Haier Portable Air Conditioner says "Web Only" But, it is available in store.

Take Care

Visitor
llancaster

I guess we're not allowed to have 2 solutions to a problem...

the other solution...it actually went on sale the next week, so waiting a couple of days for the payment to go through on my credit card was actually a good thing in this case(this time because I got it for $279.99 instead of $299.99), however in another situation I would definately choose your idea of going to the store (which is only two blocks away) and purchasing a gift card with my debit card. Unfortunately when I called the store I was told by the sales person that this item (the Haier air Conditioner) was not in stock at this location although many web only items are. Thanks for your input. 
Visitor
brooknoy

Haier Commercial Cool 7000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner

The price just went down again to $249.  I used 'price watch' which future shop emailed me the price today of $279 to $249.  I'm glad I waited.  I purchased online and should hopefully recieve it in a week.  It cost me about $325 with shipping and pst/gst.  It's a great deal for a portable a/c. 

I agree with how rude the salespeople are at Futureshop.  Some are clueless to what you are asking.  They are commission so unless you buy something in store, they are friendly.  Also, they always sell something else besides what's on sale and that 'item' is always "sold out" or 'out of stock'.  However; I like their products.

Visitor
mortan

Re: You can do two things. First you could go to the store an...

hello this is ortan i really like your site.I want to give the defination of AC .Air cooling is a device that bring chilly air in a warm space to built it more comfy.Air conditioning naturally is employ when hotness is above 70 degrees.The basic concept behind the making of every air conditioning units stay same.

Recognized Expert
vhillel

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the tip...r right on time for the next heat wave. 

Visitor
mortan

[ Edited ]
This portable air conditioner is as attractive as it is effective. Ultra-compact in size, you can move it from room to room and store it easily when not in use. With a dehumidification function, you can also use this 7,000 BTU air conditioner to remove unwanted moisture in your home.

Recognized Expert
vhillel

A 7000 BTU portable will not come close to a standard one when it comes to effectiveness.  Note that the protable models will not have a direct outing of the hot hair and will have to use tubes to bring the air and water outside (when available).  It means that some portable AC will have to be emptied of tis water or will condensate the water outside and therefore will have to allow more BTUs just for that matter.  Standard ones will reject water directly outside. 

Recognized Expert
vhillel

Oh and thanks for the add-on in the beginning of winter and by the way... we are not allowed to advertise on this site.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.