Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I own Alpine X009-FD1 restyle and my GPS/Navigation system is off ,works ,wanders off,signal loss

Hi , I've had my Alpine X009-FD1 installed into a new f-150 and I'm having GPS,/navigation problems, seems when my satellite are strong with many it's accurate but it veers off into side streets as it can go like 50 feet to right. It's a very expensive receiver and I'm hoping it's just loose gps connection or something. Anyone have any ideas or know who could fix this problem?
Legendary Oracle

Re: I own Alpine X009-FD1 restyle and my GPS/Navigation system is off ,works ,wanders off,signal los

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in @dzdncnfsd Smiley Happy

Yes you are right, there is nothing wrong with your GPS unit.Smiley Happy As you guessed, it's a problem due to loss of satellite reception.

The more GPS satellites that your Alpine unit can see, the more accurate it becomes in being able to pinpoint your position. However when your GPS encounters an obstruction, such as a building that blocks line of sight to the satellite, then accuracy suffers.

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle

Re: I own Alpine X009-FD1 restyle and my GPS/Navigation system is off ,works ,wanders off,signal los

I have several GPS devices.... including phones, fitbit, handheld hiking GPSs, etc....

Accuracy improves....

• after giving a few minutes locking into multiple satellites
  • away from tall buildings that can create confusing satellite echos
  • away from tall trees that can block reception
  • outside of parkade and tunnels

At times.... my GPSs units shows I've been wandering in circles.... even left untouched on a table.