Audio

Visitor
Question93022

where do you hook up the toroidal ferrite core on a sams...

where do you hook up the toroidal ferrite core on a samsung surrond sound
Recognized Expert
larry777

Re: where do you hook up the toroidal ferrite core on a sams...

You probably have the type that fits on your power cord that runs your system. If so, it should just wrap around this cord and snap in place.

Recognized Expert
larry777

[ Edited ]

Your manual or quick set up guide should also give proper instruction about how to attach it.

Recognized Expert
Evan_H

A toroidal ferrite core helps reduce RF-interference (noise from other electronic equipment or AM radio signals).

Ferrite cores typically go on DC-power cables (between the power adaptor and the device) because all the noise-filtering is within the power adaptor and they don't want noise added between the power adaptor and the device.

Ferrite cores can also found on any video or data cable that lacks sufficient shielding. Sometimes a device will use an unshielded cable because they want an extra-thin or extra-flexible cable, but sometimes it's because they are too cheap to use quality cable.

Visitor
staley

HW-355

I am connected with optical cable. Cannot make audio cable work.

Never heard of a Samsung toroidal ferrite core before today.. Instruction drawing incomplete. I have to clip it on the SW thin cable? It is very, very  loose and slides around. Has this anything to do with the intermittent blip of sound which why I am writing this.. it is impossible to ignore and incredibly irritating.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.