Luminary
0 Kudos

Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Looking for direction on baby shower gift ideas - do you get a present for the mum or the baby, or both?

I heard that baby bouncers & swings are a lifesaver, as kids love sitting in them and playing. Is this true?

What are gift ideas that new parents don't necessarily look to buy for themselves?

Cheers!

Julia

Online Manager

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Re: Baby Shower Gift Ideas

I really like the Bumbo.  Also Diaper cakes or towers are cute.  Finally, wooden toys, they are pricey but worth it because baby puts everything in their mouth!  Happy shopping!

Moderator (Retired)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Take a cake for the party. And if you're in on the secret, the gender reveal cakes are great fun.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

LOVE the cake! There are so many cute gender reveal ideas on Pinterest

A great thread for those of us who freqeuntly attend showers - I'm always in a panic the day before, thinking to myself “what do babies even like?” when considering what to bring as a gift!

Here’s some of what I’ve been stocking up on:

Live Clean’s Baby Diaper Gift Set

Shoo-Foo Bamboo Footed Sleeper  (SO CUTE!)

For the parents out there, what were some memorable shower gifts that you received?

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

I love the idea of the gender reveal cake! I've never heard of such a thing... I assume you cut into the cake and it is a pink (maybe cherry flavoured) if it's a girl, and blue (maybe blueberry flavoured) if it's a boy?

SO CUTE!

Speaking of wooden toys, this may be too old for a baby shower, but I know a lot of toddlers who love these ride-on toys. Check out this cutie for toddlers 2 years and up.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Yes!! Bouncers are awesome! My sister got one for his little guy and all of them love it....He can give mom a moment of silence.

Look at this one! It has cute stuffed animals to keep the baby happy. It has the perfect neutral colors for a baby girl or boy.

Scout
0 Kudos

Hi, Julia.

Drying racks are something that some parents may not think to buy but really need.

Check it out: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/cleaning-drying-stations/34649.aspx?path=01bc7f300bbe25c2cc84af...

p.s. A bouncer/swing is a must - allows you and your partner some alone time to eat a meal together!

Highlighted
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I like to recommend Purehoopla.com for your baby's birth announcement card, baby thank you card, baby shower invitations and all other baby shower product.