Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: Has anyone in Canada received their DJI Mavic from Best Buy?

Mid-februray? I waited 2 months for that? Good to see the service online is as pathetic as at the store.

I've cancelled my order and ordered directly from the manufacturer as I said i would.

I NEVER heard back from anyone but terrance on this issue. Really poor once again.

I won't be a customer at bestbuy again because of the terrible customer service and communication of this and many other issues. Serious waste of time.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Has anyone in Canada received their DJI Mavic from Best Buy?

[ Edited ]

I think you're being unfair as Terence is just trying to help by giving factual information rather than just leaving you hanging.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Re: What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI Mavic

I ordered the Mavic back in September 28, 2016. It has been delayed several times. Whenever I e-mail Best Buy in regards to this issue, I would get automated messages. Neither answered my question nor made any sense. It was very dissapointing to wait for your order to get closer to the release date only to have it delayed again by a month.

MAVIC PRO DELAY (2).png

I came to my senses and cancelled my order after 5months of waiting and ordered straight from DJI. DJI shipped my order on Jan 23rd then DHL delivered it on Jan 27th. I was able to get my Mavic Pro in less than a week. Best Buy couldn't even have a set release date for the same product for 5 MONTHS.

The Mavic was 999USD which is roughly 1300CAD. I had it shipped here in Toronto, ON and I did not pay for any taxes, import fees or shipping fee. So ordering from DJI was cheaper than ordering from Best Buy even with the Pre-order discount.

I wish I had done this sooner. Best Buy's inability to properly communicate with its customers and lack of action to release the product sooner made me decide that I will no longer do business with a company that fails to deliver respect and good customer service to its customers.

Now I get to enjoy what I have been waiting for for months and I am glad I ordered it straight from DJI.

Highlighted
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI Mavic

Hey @paoloval.

Sorry to hear about your long wait. It definitely sucks that the release of this product got delayed. I appreciate your honest feedback, and I always pass along feedback posted on the forum to all the relevant people at the head office. 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation