The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Has anyone in Canada received their DJI Mavic from Best Buy?

[ Edited ]

Thank you Terence.  Yes please excalate on my behalf; I can't PM you as I don't see the PM button in your signature.  This delay, the promises given and the $ I've lost so far as a result of being told several times that the product will ship (per prior posts) despite it's historical changes to release dates has been more than unfortunate.  2 weeks ago while out of country, I even had to hire a photographer at $500 to get some shots that I was to get with my drone. The lost opportunities are more of an issue, but my lost $ are approaching the cost of the drone itself(!!); all would have been avoided with a min amount of transparency and diligence by Best Buy.

Appreciated,

Randy

Order info: *************date and time*********   ***order number***

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey @RandySauder

I don't have visibility of your email (you might not have clicked the email validation link yet, that was sent to you when you registered for the forum). I will need your email address. Don't post it here, but please give me an email through a private message. I just sent you a private message. Just check your private message inbox and respond there. Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: What's the deal with BestBuy and the DJI MavicWHAT is going on now Best Buy????????? I was one

* Terance * I left you a msg here to excallate on my behalf; not sure why it is not showing up.  FYI.  Thank you so much.

Well, guess what everyone....BB finally shipped some physical Mavics.  HOWEVER they sold 20+ "Fly More Bundles" yesterday online (sold out in 1 hour) as confirmed on DJI Formums.

Here's the big stink:  Fly More Bundles WERE NOT an initial preorder item; I don't think they even made it to BB website until November!!!!

Great news to those that bought them yesterday...but why Best Buy are you selling items that were not preorder items to people yesterday when many of US have been waiting since september???????????????

So now Best Buy is lying about the supposed 'queued shipping release' aka "First to order, First to ship".

Best Buy if they had any decency, would have shipped these 26 bundles to the first 26 people who placed their orders back in Sept; keep the extras as GOODWILL for this fiasco.  

It's obvious the BB can't manage to bring in the correct stock items in the order procurred.  Also evident from them removing the "Release Date" and product from it's website recently, only to update the release date (yesterday) with "Jan 4"; back-dating?????  If BB was given a release date of Jan 4, why not update it before this date, and not on Jan 13/14!  Proof that release dates were a sham all along.  

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Still waiting. Still in progress. It was supposed to ship January 15. Then January 18th. When I find it somewhere else I'm cancelling my order and continuing to not support worst buy.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Sounds like this is a DJI Mavic issue and not a Best Buy issue.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone.

I have received an update regarding DJI Mavic preorders. Best Buy Canada is getting these units from the vendor by around mid February. These will be shipped out from the distribution centres to the customers around that time. 

Cheers,

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence.  Crazy change again, but your followup for everyone has been superb.  I've certain that come mid-feb that the date will become mid-march Smiley Sad.

I just sent you a PM with some info.  Apreciated...

Randy

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @RandySauder.

I've received and responded to your PM. Smiley Happy

To everyone else, I'll post new announcements here as they come up. Thanks.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

Hi Terence.  Are you sure you're info/update on the preorders is correct?  I just rec'd a 'shipping confirmation email 1 hr ago for my Sept 29th preorder......

What's strange is I ordered the fly-more bundle on the 17th.  It is due to arrive tomorrow Jan 20th by Canada Post.  My preorder shipping confirmation indicates it's arrival same day/Jan 20th but with Purolator.  Got tracking #'s for  both.

The preorder shipping confirmation happened today when you assisted me with customer service.

But it is confusing b/c now it looks like my preorder shipped after I had already ordered another online. Smiley Sad Which can't be true if your above update post is correct??).

I've now returned a few accessories to other vendors (batteries etc) since I'm recieving the combo; which complicates things even further. 

I guess I'll have to wait until customer service responds in detail or I see what arrives tomorrow.

Any other people out there get shipping confirmations for Sept preorders today ???????

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey, @RandySauder and everyone else.

For your specific order(s), customer service would have access to all that info. That's not something the community team can access.

Yes, the info I have is correct, however, I believe the inventory we are receiving or have received recently is coming in stages and separate batches. So, some of the pre-orders earlier in the queue might actually be fulfilled a bit sooner than the time frame I mentioned.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator