Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.
Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Cameras & Camcorders forum to get your questions answered.
02-09-2012 06:54 AM
02-09-2012 08:41 PM
Yes and No...
- Yes a f/1.8 lens can achieve this
- You can achieve a similar effect by having the background further away from your subject
- You can also get the f/1.4 to make the effect stronger
- Also investigate "lens babies"
- Before walking out of the store, double check the lens version supports auto focus. Nikon makes THREE versions of the 50mm f/1.8 lens. You might not want the cheapest as it will not auto-focus for your camera