02-09-2012 06:54 AM
Thinking of purchasing Nikond D3100. I would like to take portraits with blurred backgrounds (high aperture), which lense would you suggest? Would Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 50mm f/1.8 Lens be appropriate?
02-09-2012 08:41 PM
Yes and No...
- Yes a f/1.8 lens can achieve this
- You can achieve a similar effect by having the background further away from your subject
- You can also get the f/1.4 to make the effect stronger
- Also investigate "lens babies"
- Before walking out of the store, double check the lens version supports auto focus. Nikon makes THREE versions of the 50mm f/1.8 lens. You might not want the cheapest as it will not auto-focus for your camera