Cameras & Camcorders

Visitor
Question33331

waterproof digital camera I would like to buy in Future Shop pls. tell me wchich one I should get thanks =D

waterproof digital camera I would like to buy in Future Shop pls. tell me wchich one I should get thanks =D
Emerging Expert
Krista066

Olympus makes a pretty cool waterproof camera uip to 10 f...

Olympus makes a pretty cool waterproof camera uip to 10 feet. so you can take it in the pool as well as to the beach! It's also drop-proof(up to 5m) and freeze proof up to -10C. There will be a new release around March of their crushproof camera(So glad this one is back!) up to 220 lbs as well. LOve this camera just for these features alone. It's the everything camera, pair this up with Future Shop's product service plan and its pretty much indestructable! muahaha lol.
the world seems to be getting smaller every time someone comes up with new stuff
Recognized Expert
Mammoth

The Olympus one is as far as I know, the only one Future...

The Olympus one is as far as I know, the only one Future Shop has.

..I too would like to know about upcoming waterproof digital cameras as I am considering using the video function to film sailing with.
Visitor
Stephus007

Hi all!      Yes, Olympus have the good w790, it has 3 di...

Hi all!

Yes, Olympus have the good w790, it has 3 different "under water" modes, to take picture under water! For the new version, I don't know what will be the model alphanumeric name, but buyers are on the front line to get it first.

Futueshop have also an other waterproof digital camera, de Pentax Optio w30, with roughly the same specs has the w790 from Olympus. For myself, I prefer the w790, because the case look much more stronger, probably because of it's shockproof.

Stephane
Product Expert(Communication)
FS Centreville(Montreal)
Emerging Expert
Krista066

the pentax one is only waterproof up to 10 ft. The olympu...

the pentax one is only waterproof up to 10 ft. The olympus one is much more durable as is it drop proof and freeze proof.
the world seems to be getting smaller every time someone comes up with new stuff
Recognized Expert
Mammoth

They can both take video underwater, right? (I don't see...

They can both take video underwater, right? (I don't see why not, but some companies just don't think right..)
Emerging Expert
Krista066

Yes both can take video underwater :)

Yes both can take video underwater :smileyhappy:
Bao
Contributor
Bao

The Optio is garbage.

[ Edited ]
The Optio is garbage. At least the Olympus is acceptable.

Message Edited by Bao on 02-09-2008 10:29 PM
Bao Ha
Future Shop Forum, Montreal
Product Expert, Top 10 Canada
Camcorder King
Emerging Expert
Krista066

The best way to determine which one would suit your needs...

The best way to determine which one would suit your needs is to take a trip to your local Future Shop and test them out, they will have both on demo to show you and answer any more questions you may have. My personal preference is the Olympus one since it can do more than withstand water :smileyhappy: hope this helps you out
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.