S5
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Can i buy an unlocked phone without the 2 year contract?

I was looking at buying an unlocked galaxy s5 since im already in a contract with sasktel but best buy only sells them with a 2 year contract, is there any way i could just buy an unlocked phone and pay more?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Re: Can i buy an unlocked phone without the 2 year contract?

Hi @S5  We do not currently have unlocked Galaxy S5s available (so sorry!)

BBYJuby
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Scout

Don't think you can purchase an unlocked s5 phone. However, you can get it unlocked if you purchase the phone in full, but has to be done by the carrier that the phone is locked to. Think you need to be a current subscriber of that carrier, since you need enough credit or they need to bill your account. The fee is around $50, but you need to check with the carrier for their unlocking fee or you can take it to a place that can do it. That's according to the Samsung store. That's what I heard anyways, but best to ask yourself.
Highlighted
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

i purchased an unlocked open box i phone 5s for my son for xmas.  Paid over 400.00 for this unit.  Son,  xmas day opened his gift put in his sim card   tried to activate and this phone is locked   need an icloud password???  and of coarse not one to contact at best buy  even on boxing day, today, cannot phone anyone.  Best Buy ruined by son's xmas, they litterally sold me a stolen phone,  Their so called geek squad, what is this a  ticket for illegal activiey, ....Will try to go to a store today to get this resolved...major storm in Manitoba might be difficult to get down to store   and after reading a policy  no returns on open box products  I feel so burned by this company.  Their so called geek squad, and even a clause with no returns or exchanges.  Paid by visa online, will be contacting visa and claim a fraudulent transaction...will be sending this email as a result....if no-one at best buy dosn't get this resolved immediate.  Date today, Dec 26 2016.