Scout
0 Kudos

LG G4 Continual Software Issues

[ Edited ]

I'm on my 4th LG G4, about to be the 5th thanks to the Best Buy Replacement Plan.. Every time i get the phone there is a different software problem.. am i the only one having bad luck with the LG G4? This will be phone # 5, all within a year from purchasing. 

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: LG G4 Continual Software Issues

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in @Popcan Smiley Happy

I did a quick search on-line and noted that you are not alone with issues regarding the LG G4 .

Apparantly there are several issues with "workaround" answers for this phone.

I am confident that LG will be addressing these issues fairly soon.

I have a G3, and was contemplating upgrading to the G4, as soon as my contract allows for upgrades.

Scout
0 Kudos

I wouldn't recommend going with the G4, especially not with the best buy geek squad plan. I've gone through 4 phones in 12 months and they just keep sending broken open boxes @Elico47
Legendary Oracle

Hi @Popcan

I purchased my LG G3 with a Geek Squad Protection Service Plan, and so far I'm happy with the services provided.Smiley Happy

I am puzzled as to why you'd have gone through 5 units so far Smiley Surprised

I know that when it comes to most any warranty or service plan related replacement, it ends up being the same principal as auto insurance , in that the insurance company will always replace with after-market parts or used parts, rarely will an O.E.M part be supplied, unless there is no other alternative. So open box replacements are to be expected, after the manufacturer's warranty has expired.

What exactly seems to be the issue with yours? is it alwats the same problem or a variety of issues?

I recently experienced a minor issue with mine, in that after a firmware update, it would no longer connect with my car radio using USB, but Bluetooth works no problem.. I think it may also be because my phone fell out of it's mount in the car while driving, and the Connecting cable plug was damaged and no longer "clicked" into place.

I am going to see if the Best Buy Moblie staff can help me troubleshoot this.