Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

hi last year i bought a samsung s6 with 2 years agreement,yesterday phone is broken。

I walked in the snow yesterday,Snow is too slippery, I fell and then found that the phone's internal screen has been broken.

This phone is a contract machine, there are more than a year of the contract, I can boxing day to buy a contract machine (contract for 2 years) and then add the remaining one year contract? I saw the advertising, I would like to buy a boxing day iphone7. You can put the rest of the year and a half with you, that is, more than three years in the contract I will buy the iPhone7.

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: hi last year i bought a samsung s6 with 2 years agreement,yesterday phone is broken。

It depends on your contract.  You most likely would have to "pay out" the remaining balance of the phone and go on a new contract with the new phone.  Also all contracts are now 2-year as per CRTC Wireless Code - no more 3-year contracts.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: hi last year i bought a samsung s6 with 2 years agreement,yesterday phone is broken。

As @CtrlAltDel typically you have you pay out your contract in some way, this depends on your carrier, some would have a "tab" that you need to pay off where others will have a Device fee that you pay, depeding on the fee you might be better off just getting the phone repaired

Highlighted
The Captain

Can't do that.

You will need to pay the balance on the account before being allowed to sign a new contract. Can't just combine them together.

Or...

Contact your carrier and try to reason with them maybe they can help you out.

Or....

Purchase an unlocked phone until your contract is over by then a newer iphone will come out.

Good luck!