Pioneer
0 Kudos

iPhone 7 Plus Pre-order FLOP!

[ Edited ]

I preordered the iPhone 6 Plus through Best Buy and was thoroughly impressed!! I received it the same day it released.

Now we come to iPhone 7 Plus. I did the same thing and preordered it .....I get a phone call the morning of the 16th to stating that no 7 Plus devices were received and to not bother coming in. They had no idea when they would be getting them in and would call me when it arrived. I keep seeing all this chatter that Best Buy USA is offering customers $100 credit towards  future purchases and in a Canada nothing but being left in the dark.  

I wish I had would have pre-ordered from Telus as I would have already received it by now.     Feeling a little annoyed that anyone that pre-ordered the phone is being left in the dark and there is no update on when the people that pre-ordered them will receive them.    I orderered the matte black...not the Jet black as I undestand there is an even greater wait for the jet black.

Come on Apple and Best Buy....how do you go from such a smooth pre-order with the 6 Plus to a disaster with the 7 Plus....you are supposed to get better not worse!

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Re: iPhone 7 Plus Pre-order FLOP!

Well, i just ordered direclty from Apple a full 10 days later....let's see who gets the phone first!   I called the store again today and they said they have no clue what's happening with them...it could take 4 weeks.   

Love how the employees at Best Buy are in as much as the dark as their customers.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Did you get your order yet? My store said that they ususally get shipments in from apple on mondays and thursdays. I've called them alot and they have basically said there is no ETA and the employees are in the dark. Im in the same boat as you had a great expereince getting my 6 plus, they only got 1 or 2 models of my 6 plus at their store in 2014 and I was lucky enough to get it, I thought they might have a same situaion when I saw that they were sold out from apple but sadly the 16th past and so did my hopes... hahaha. People who preordered from apple are supposedly getting shipping dates of september 23 to october 4th so judging that my store only gets shipments on mondays and thursdays, I'm thinking that october 3rd might be the day. Also I saw somewhere that backorders for Best Buy usually last 2-3 weeks, but this situation might be different. Hopefully I get the device within 30 days of my preorder.

Good luck and keep us posted, definetly ordering through apple next time. 

Pioneer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nope!   I talked to the store yesterday and they have no clue what's going on.   WHICH is ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!   Surely someone must know what's happening.

I have ordered a phone direct from Apple....I am curious to see which one I will get first.  The one I pre-ordered from Best Buy or the one I ordered a full 10 days after my best buy pre-order.    It will be interesting to see.    After this experience and being left in the dark for so long....This will be the last time I pre-order from Best Buy.   You would figure they would have kept us in the loop and done something to keep their customers happy.  I know it's out of their control on when they will get them from Apple....but surely they have a contact person at Apple and can relay some information to their employees and their customers.    

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Very unfortunate situation to be in, I'm in the same boat.

The phone (7 Plus) was sold out before it even hit retail shelves due to Apple not making enough phones, its on several tech forums I visit, so pretty much everyone trying to get that phone is in the same boat. Its worse that we don't get much of a timeline on when the phones will arrive either, aside from maybe the day or so before, even that's a stretch.

Would've been better if Apple delayed the release a bit to see how many pre-orders there were in total and then either ramped up production or given everyone an ETA.
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Well, this is the last time I pre-order from Best Buy.    

I went on the Apple website this morning and checked if any stores had the device...found one close by...reserved it, picked a time to go pick it up this morning and BOOM!!   Went extremely SMOOTH!!!    There is absolutely no benefit pre-ordering from Best Buy unless you dont have an Apple store nearby.

I will be going back to Best Buy today to get my pre-order deposit.

Scout
0 Kudos

This is my situation as well! Iphone 6 pre-order went so smooth! In the dark and no clue when my iphone 7 plus 128G matte black might show up ... i keep checking but staff dont have any info. At this point feel like canceling and just wait for the redsigned iphone coming out in 2017. Its the one i really want anyway. I was so dissappointed that the redesign wasnt happening this year but really wanted a bigger 5.5 screen so i decided to pay full price so i can sell and get the iphone 8 with no contract hassles. I see on istocknow.com more and more plus units showing up in APPLE stores lately so will wait to see if bestbuy can at least provide an ETA soon! Good luck to all of us disssapointed bestbuy customers.🤓
Highlighted
Scout
0 Kudos

Congrats. !!!