Community News

And the winners are...

by Administrator on ‎02-14-2011 01:46 PM

The results are in!  Congratulations to all the winners, you'll be receiving a private message from me shortly requesting some more info.  There was a lot of close races this year, so congrats to all the nominees - you guys are all stars in my sky of amazing members!ShoutOutAwards_pic.jpg

Member of the Year

Tanarus

Krypto

Juice0904

Evan_F

Product Expert of the Year

Evan_F
Tanarus

roparadi

godwin

Blogger of the Year

trishussey

PaulH

bgrier

Krypto

Community Ambassador of the Year

Juice0904

Credible_Chris

Tanarus

Newcomer of the Year

godwin

Evan_F

vhillel

Best Tech Talk

buzzbishop

Krypto

Tanarus

Most Versatile

roparadi

Snapshot

Tanarus

Hot New Technology Post

Krypto

Graham

bgrier

Congratulations everyone!

Comments
by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 02:10 PM

Oh my goodness.... are you guys serious????!!!!

Thank you!  To be honest, I actually wasn't expecting to come out on top any of the categories as I wasn't nearly active enough last year (but I had my favorites selected).  Seriously Laura, are you sure you didn't bold the wrong name on at least a couple of those categories???

Seriously, everyone who was nominated (and many others who weren't) are worthy of being at the top.  All of the bloggers put in a huge effort to ensure that they post their blogs using the facts and their honest opinions.  All of the Future Shop employees do an amazing amount of work during their spare time to ensure that their customers get the help they need.  And all of the rest of us do more than our part to help calm tempers (not always so successfully! :smileytongue:), to help people find the products they're looking for and to help people find the answers they need.

Thank you all, for all of the effort each of you puts in here.  :smileyhappy:

by Trusted Expert ‎02-14-2011 02:13 PM - edited ‎02-14-2011 02:16 PM

Dare I say, has Krypto topped her own record? :smileyvery-happy:  Do they make font small enough for all of those to fit in the signature block?

Congratulations to everyone who won awards, and thank you to everyone who voted for me and nominated me. I was honestly surprised that I was nominated for anything, let alone two awards. The fact that I won an award completely blows me away!

Everyone who was nominated deserved to win, and it's a testament to the community we have and share here that we have that many people that are nominated for these awards. It's been a great year, and 2011 will be even better!

Thanks again, everyone :smileyhappy:

JB

by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 02:22 PM

Congrats to everyone, winners and nominees!

Since I've been absent for the better part of the year, I'm not going to comment on every single categories here as it wouldn't be fair for those I don't know well enough( the nominees, not the categories:smileytongue:). Still, I have this to say:

Wow Krypto, you won 4 TIMES this years, that's amazing and shows how important you are to us and this community!

Also, just as I said when I nominated you for Best Tech Talk, I'm quite happy to see that you got this honorable title for this year:smileyhappy:... But I'd like it back for next year if you don't mind:smileytongue:.

by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 02:25 PM
Tell you what Morfanos, you start posting here again and I'll do my best to ensure you get it back! :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:
by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 02:34 PM

I'll do my best:smileywink: but I know it won't be easy, lot of good people here that are also worthy of that title. And beside... I got fate working against me...

...Seems like fate doesn't want me to get the "Best Tech Talk" on both the English AND French boards for the same year. I finally managed to get that title for the first time on the French boards only to lose it on this side:smileytongue:.

Congrats again to everyone but beware, Digital_Cam is back, we'll be lucky if he let us win for a single category next year:smileywink::smileytongue:.

by Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎02-14-2011 03:15 PM

I think we need to rename the forums. 'Krypto Community Forums' sounds a little more accurate. ;P

Congrats!

by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 03:21 PM

Congrats to you too, Tanarus, a.k.a. Product Expert of the Year and the Most Versatile person on here!  Not too shabby indeed!

by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 03:28 PM

Congrats to the winners, you guys and gals no doubt deserve your respective awards.

Best of luck in 2011.

by Recognized Expert Recognized Expert on ‎02-14-2011 04:48 PM

Congratulations, everyone! Thank you to all the members who voted for me.

A special congratulations to Krypto who sweeped the board; don't spend all your gift cards in one place! ...Wait, I guess you kind of have to.

I recall hearing of a great little Future Shop on the west-side of Scarborough that would love to have you and your gift cards over some day-- ask for Evan, I hear that guy's awesome.

by Exalted Expert on ‎02-14-2011 04:55 PM
Lol Evan! If I ever make it out to the GTA one day, I'll have to stop by and say hi! :smileyvery-happy:

And congrats on your award! We appreciate all your hard work on here!

Now then... I just need to figure out what to blog about next... that just might guide my next FS purchase. :smileytongue:
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.