Community News

Spring Cleaning, part deux

by Administrator on ‎03-28-2012 11:34 AM

As I mentioned in my previous Spring Cleaning post, we're in the midst of doing a bit of tidying up in our Community. You may have noticed a few more changes today in the Community.

1. We've moved the announcements widget to the top of the page - will be especially helpful for new members trying to get their bearings

announcements.jpg

2. Added the Community Browser on the right hand side for easy navigation

communitybrowser.jpg

3. Added a twitter stream so we can see what's going on out there in the twitterverse right from the Community

twitterStream.jpg

And even cooler, if you yourself are a tweeter, you can connect your twitter account to your community account and reply to tweets you see straight from the community:

replytotweet.jpg

Or you could create a post in the community from a tweet you see on the twitter stream:

createthread.jpg

For information on how to connect your twitter account to your community account, check out the Help section of the Community.

Visit the Community News blog often for updates!

Comments
by Trusted Expert on ‎03-28-2012 11:37 AM

I miss the recent posts at the bottom of the main forum page.  Is there any way to get that back?

JB

by Trusted Expert on ‎03-28-2012 01:00 PM

Juice, the link has been moved to the top announcements under 'latest posts'.

by Trusted Expert on ‎03-28-2012 01:11 PM

I know that :smileywink:

I just miss the listing of the first five or so new posts that used to be on the main page.

JB

by Administrator on ‎03-29-2012 11:26 AM

Hi Juice0904: What do you (and other users) think about having an "unread discussions" widget on the landing page that would show the latest discussions that you haven't read (assuming you're logged into the community when you're reading them).  Could be an even better way to show what's new and what you haven't seen yet. I'm definitely open to bringing back the recent posts widget, but wonder if this might be an even better solution?

Would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers,
Laura

by Trusted Expert on ‎03-29-2012 01:17 PM

Unread posts would be much better Laura :smileyhappy:  Would make it easier to wade through the discussions - once they've been read, they disappear from the list.

JB

by Administrator on ‎04-09-2012 09:34 AM

In case you missed it, we've added a new widget to the right hand side called "Unread Posts" - this will only display when you're logged in and will show you the latest posts that you haven't read. A link to the "Recent Posts" is still available in the announcements section, in case you prefer that feature :smileywink:

by Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador on ‎04-09-2012 10:29 AM

Got a technical request as part of your cleaning.  I notice the "bullets" button does not display bullets in my posts.  They do show up in the RSS though.

Can you investigate?

by Administrator on ‎04-09-2012 11:18 AM

Good catch, XL. I'll open a case to have this investigated.

Cheers,
Laura

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.