07-26-2012 11:36 AM - last edited on 07-26-2012 11:40 AM by Dany_S
I'm looking into video blogging on the web. Can you give me the best video camera/software/computer combination to do this?
07-26-2012 06:32 PM
I think you can use any camera for videos. Some thoughts...
- SD is faster to process and upload
- HD will give you images 3 to 6 times sharper for more detail
- Pocket camcorders will be the fastest to upload with the built in USB
- Regular camcorders will offer higher Mbps and resulting in less compression in your video
- larger camcorders will offer more zoom
- Large sensor camcorders will give you better low light
- DSLR videos will give you the best quality.... do not use auto focus (unless they are STM lenses).
- Please use a tripod when possible. Shaky videos are a big turn off.
- Check out Matrox MXO2 if render time is an issue
- Do you want 3D?
08-25-2012 04:13 PM - edited 08-25-2012 04:15 PM
Also - if you're really looking to get heavily into this, an external microphone may be a good option as well. It will let you expand your possibilities a little bit further without always having to be so close to your camera.
Post your profile here as well so we can take a look at what you've done!
EDIT - I would personally advise you to go with a camcorder, if you have not already. I find Sony to be top notch both for quality and price, and it will keep you from upgrading your camera once again in 6-8 months