Visitor
tanyakarn

How does the warranty for Logitech work?

I bought a Logitech M510 wireless mouse from FutureShop earlier this week. I've been having problems with the tracking. It cursor "stutters" when I move it around the screen. I even used white paper to test it out, which is supposed to be the best surface for a laser mouse. I've checked the Logitech website and it seems that this is covered by the warranty but they were not clear as to how the warranty process works. Can I take it to FutureShop to have them check it out and replace it? Or do I have to contact Logitech directly?

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

Re: How does the warranty for Logitech work?

Because the mouse is less than 30 days old, I recommend simply returning it to Future Shop, and exchanging it for another one. You can read more about the return/exchange policies here.

After the return period has passed, I believe most computer mice qualify for an 'OCE,' or over-the-counter exchange. Simply return your receipt and the defective mouse to your nearest Future Shop. If it's an OCE, you'll be able to get a replacement right then and there. If it isn't OCE, Future Shop will at least be able to provide Logitech's contact information.

I'll see if I can get a more definite answer for you when I'm at the store.

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

Re: How does the warranty for Logitech work?

Just an update:

Most computer mice do qualify for an OCE, but some do not. Couldn't hurt to bring in your mouse and your receipt to your nearest Future Shop after 30 days to see what options they can provide, before dealing with the manufacturer.

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.