Computer & Laptop Accessories

Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Computers forum to get your questions answered.

Visitor

I'm looking to buy a printer, thinking canon all in one ...

I'm looking to buy a printer, thinking canon all in one with fax...I currently have a Kodak, can you tell me if there's much difference between the two? Cost of Ink, quality, etc. ?? Thanks.
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador

Re: I'm looking to buy a printer, thinking canon all in one ...

Think about how many pages you plan to print.  I purchased an Epson multi-function ink printer.  After a dozen pages, I was kinda surprised how quickly I was draining my black cartridge.  Instead of buying a second cartridge, I decided to scoop up a laser for about the price of a few catridges.  Since then, I noticed color laser printers have gotten cheap as well.

Finally do you have a laptop?  Seriously consider a wifi-printer.  The convenience is worth the premium.

Also do you have an iPad or iPhone?  Look for printers with "AirPrint" features.

Some printers to consider....

SKU: 10181760

Duplex - Double your print output and halve your paper costs. The Eco Mode features a one touch Eco Button, which conveniently serves as your default setting once activated, and reduces paper consumption with Duplex printing, 2 or 4-up printing and a toner save setting.

Trusted Expert

Are we talking about laser printers or inkjets?

I own a Canon all-in-one laser printer and am very happy with it.  Previously I had an HP4S laser which was built like a tank.  I love that printer and it lasted me many many years. 

Alas, it fell ill to the out-of-date driver syndrome.  That, and also I wanted an all-in-one.

Currently my Canon works fine and I use it regularly every day.  The original toner cartridge lasts about 2-3 yrs depending on your usage, but I expect a new cartridge to last longer than that.

I really like the top feeder too.  I scan many documents so it is very handy.

I would recommend laser over inkjet -- unless you are doing a kid's science project or something like that.

[ Edited ]

I think the OP was looking at ink-jet.... however, I wanted to also consider laser when the cost of consumables becomes a concern.

I can't believe how cheap printers are today compared to 30 years ago.

Anyone getting one of these?

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/media/v1/gallerypage/user-id/86725/image-id/15155i61514E500A5DCDD2

Trusted Expert

Yeah, I would one of those Makerbots, but I don't have any hermit crabs to make shells for right now.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.