Announcements

Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Computers forum to get your questions answered.

Contributor

New router Help

So I'm looking for a new router I'm so sick of my D-Links 625 ranger booster N the thing keeps failing on me I've had it for a number of years, one of the first N version to come out.

Now I seek a new router cos of all the issues I have with this one in the last year.

So for all you smart guy/gals out there please give me some good advice on which to purchase.

Emerging Expert

Re: New router Help

I have had great experiences with both of these routers as I have configured them previously in multi-story homes and found no dead spots:

SKU: 10181071

The D-Link DIR-645 Whole Home Router 1000 gives you smarter, more powerful networking. Designed for high bandwidth use, this wireless router employs 6 antennas and SmartBeam technology to not only expand wireless coverage and speed, but also intelligently allocate resources to those that need it.

SKU: 10169187

Designed for heavy bandwidth usage, the Linksys E2500 wireless router features simultaneous dual-band Wireless N technology that's capable of streaming HD video and games. It offers a large range, so you'll be able to connect almost anywhere in your household. The E2500 is easy to set up, easy to secure, and easy to manage.