Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Computers forum to get your questions answered.

Visitor

Upgrade to Windows 8 for Vista

If I buy the Windows 8 upgrade for Vista will I be able to use it to upgrade my Netbook which is unning Winodws 7?

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador

Re: Upgrade to Windows 8 for Vista

Do you mean a WIndows 8 upgrade disk? There is only one upgrade version you don't buy different ones for Vista and WIndows 7 its the same disk.  However if you use it on your Vista machine you wont be able to install it on your Netbook

Visitor

If you go to the Microsoft store and download the Windows 8 installer it will check your pc automatically before you purchase the software

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador

Most netbooks produced during the Windows 7 days do not have the resolution requirements (1024x768) to run Metro apps (now officially called "Windows Store Apps").  So check to make sure before making the purchase.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.