Announcements

Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Computers forum to get your questions answered.

Visitor

Wireless router and ram question

Question 1: I need to get two wireless routers that can support around 50-70 devices (accumulatively, not individually) and have the options to block torrenting through blocking ports or devices or what have you. Currently the 2 routers in the apartment building are very limited with it's admin tools, but they do support up to 8k active sessions (it says but I don't believe it). Any suggestions for this?

Question 2: Found that one of my 3 ram sticks went bad : DDR3 - 1333 6G(3x2G)kits. I need to get more ram, since I believe each stick is 2G, leaving me with 4gs. I know there is some some of power of two rule for this kind of thing but I can't remember it. I use the computer for 3d applications and content creation along with gaming. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.