Computer & Laptop Accessories

Visitor
Question57290

how do i get internet to my daughters new PS3....i have a modem with internet cable way upstairs for my computer

how do i get internet to my daughters new PS3....i have a modem with internet cable way upstairs for my computer
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

You will need a router of some sort, to take your interne...

You will need a router of some sort, to take your internet service, and route it to your computer and your PS3.

If you're planning on running a cable down to the PS3, any router will do; even wireless routers have four ports on the back to allow up to four different devices to connect with an ethernet cable. Since the PS3 has a wireless card built right into it, though, you can pick up a Wireless G router that can take your internet service and transmit it wirelessly to your PS3. While a wireless setup is definitely much more convenient than a wired one, walls, floors, interference, and the distance between the router and the PS3 can all slow down the connection and cause lag in games. With a wired connection, you've got a physical connection to the internet, so signal strength isn't a worry.

Finally, if you're leery about installing the wireless router or having difficulties, Future Shop has an In-Home technician who can come right to your house, get everything hooked up and properly working for you.

Hope that helps!

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Snapshot

I still have yet to put my PS3 on the net, I will one day.

I still have yet to put my PS3 on the net, I will one day.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.