Visitor
samsungsmart

wdtv/wireless

Hello. I "maybe" purchasing a wireless usb adapter soon but i am not sure on a couple of things.I hope you can help. I have a wdtv media player hooked up to my panasonic plasma television. I ecently purchased a samsung smart tv which is upstairs in my bedroom. My question to you is,  is there a compatible wireless usb adapter that i can plug into my media player which is hooked into my panasonic tv and be able to view stuff from my media player onto the smart tv upstairs in the bedroom?

Visitor
samsungsmart

Re: wdtv/wireless

I noticed i have 29 views as of today but no replys,i purchased both these products at your store.I would imagine that you do have tech people working there but it seems pretty obvious that nobody is able to answer my question.

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

[ Edited ]

This is primarily a peer-to-peer support forum, populated generally by tech enthusiasts and customers like yourself. We share a lot of knowledge with each other,but if your question hasn't been answered, most likely no one who has read it has a confident answer for you at present.

That said, a lot of Future Shop employees visit the boards as well, and frequently give great advise/information too. But it isn't part of their occupational duties, and they do so on their own time. So it isn't always a guarantee that a Future Shop employee (or at least one who specializes in a certain area) will see your post, at least not right away.

If your question is time-sensitive, or you'd just like an answer right away, you're far better off visiting your local store, or even giving them a call and speaking with somebody. Again, the forum is more a place for casual and peer-to-peer discussion, and not a direct line to guaranteed, quick service from an FS employee.

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Visitor
samsungsmart

I am sorry i posted that last comment, i get frustrated at times when i want to know something and i cant find out plus trying to quit smoking at the same time doesnt help either. I hope someone is able to come up with an answer. Have a good day*

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
mtrump

It is next to impossible to answer without knowing the model of the TV that you have, as different TVs require specific wifi dongles in order to work.  You can't buy generic wifi dongles for computers and use them on TVs.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.