Jex
Visitor
Jex

Re: Blackberry 64GB Tablet issue

Well. Here we go again. I went to Futureshop this morning and exchanged the Playbook for a new one. I had a horrible time with customer service, who refused to do anything, despite the fact that I had the Product Service Plan in my hand along with the receipt. I did catch one of the Tech guys who explained the issue to his manager who agreed to exchange it for a new one.

I got it home.....same problem. Took it down the street to a friend's home to check a different WIFI....no luck again.

I am on my way back to Futureshop yet again to try again.......Not impressed.

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
XL

[ Edited ]

Before returning it, I would ask one of the Tech guys to look into it.  I assume Future Shop technicians have an onsite wifi to verify any tablet is functional or not.

Remember the 3 finger salute and hold for 20 seconds.

Jex
Visitor
Jex

The Tech did check the WIFI and concluded a defective WIFI card. That is when they decided to exchange it for me.

I have it sorted out! Finally! It works fantastic!

I continued to have a horrible time with the customer service desk/counter. Both major issues were with one girl in particular who suggested that the product service plan wasn't worth the paper it was written on and refused to help in any way.

However, the Tech department was outstanding in their "bed side manor" and problem solving abilities. A tech called Blackberry and worked for a while and fixed the issue. It turns out he was able to,(with BB assistance) bypass the regular connections(his words) and update the OP system, which fixed the issue.

The tech department went out of their way to fix the problem, and I applaud that effort!

Once again, I appreciate all the input and ideas, Thank you and Happy Holidays!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.