Computers & Laptops

Visitor
gnome7x
Accepted Solution

Can I return Laptop if i installed new operating system on it?

I still have 11 days in which i can return the laptop. Everything is fine on the machine only difference is that I installed windows 7 on the machine and it came with windows 8. I have read several posts and I am under the assumption that as long as the hardware is not damaged and can run an operating system without problems It can still be returned right? Please I require some clarification. Also after thinking for a while I felt like I should have just spent an additional $200 for an imac instead of a pc again, so is an exchange also a possibility?

THANK YOU & ALL REPLIES GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Emerging Expert
jonoble

Re: Can I return Laptop if i installed new operating system on it?

Typically it is the users responsibility to remove all their personal data from the device INCLUDING any after market operating systems, however I would encourage to contact the store nearest you to see if you can work out a solution:

https://www-ssl.futureshop.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx

As long as it's within the 14 day return policy window, you shouldn't have any trouble returning your laptop. While it is the customer's responsibility to remove any personal data, like jonoble mentioned, any returned laptops are given a security wipe and Windows reinstall at the store before they are resold.

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Visitor
gnome7x

Thanks to all of you, just returned the laptop today, no problems whatsoever. This should help clear the confusion to anyone out there who is confused or unsure about returns on laptops. Futureshop will accept the laptop even if the hard drive is wiped or cleared or even if you installed downgraded your operating system, as long as there is no physical damage and all the accessories, box etc. are still there and within the 14 day return time frame. Thanks again.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.