Computers & Laptops

Visitor
dyops

Graphics Card on the Gateway NV5905H

[ Edited ]

What is the card on this laptop? Is it the ATI 5470 or Intel Card? The website says the ATI card while a store I visited made the correction to Intel. If it is Intel, why hasn't the correction made in the website?

I was hoping to get this laptop if it had the ATI card, but if it only the Intel, then I would pass on this one.

Message Edited by dyops on 01-02-2010 09:44 AM
Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Dave

Re: Graphics Card on the Gateway NV9505H

Can't find the laptop on the Gateway website. Why not just ask one of the salespeople? They'll find out the correct specifications for you.

A+ Certified Computer Technician
www.theFakeGeek.com

Has this post helped you out? Please click on the star on the left!

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

While, I assume you mean the NV5905H, I cannot find any specifications other than Future Shop's website for that model either.  You could have one of the salesman at the store show you the video hardware listed on the actual computer they have on display if you like, that will be a definitive answer.
Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

Visitor
dyops

[ Edited ]

When I went to the store to buy it, I noticed the tag had the ATI card crossed out and Intel  DDR penned in. When I asked the salesperson to show me the dispaly properties, the Intel control popped up. He said the laptop did not have a dedicated graphics card. I thought the website will know of this typo since hundreds of stores would have a model displayed and informed the website of the mistake. Maybe the holidays are keeping them too occupied to make the change.

I'm hoping that the store displayed the wrong model but come to think of it, I remember seeing nv5905h on the corner of the keyboard. I will give another store a call to confirm.

Too bad, it would have been a good deal if it came with the ATI card. My other option is to wait for the NV5329H in (competitor) to go on sale again since it is currently $730. It was on sale for $600 before Christmas.

Message Edited by dyops on 01-02-2010 10:03 AM
Visitor
dyops

Re: Graphics Card on the Gateway NV5905H

[ Edited ]

Another store said it has the Intel card. Oh well, too bad. I will look for other options unless you know of a laptop under $800 that has a good graphics card and has similar specs as the nv5905h or nv5329h.

Message Edited by dyops on 01-02-2010 10:19 AM
Contributor
pcguy

Wonder if this the same thing with the CX600T6600 C2D laptop I have yet to receive from FS or the Toshiba I3 L500-00F? Its is impossible to verify the specs of laptops on the manfacturer's website when the model numbers are unique to Futureshop.

Visitor
dyops

To the Futureshop people, please correct the typo already. You would make a lot of people who may purchase this laptop online mad when they find out the graphics card is not what is advertised.

BTW, is the MSI CX600 worth getting even if the graphics card is not as good as the ATI HD 4570? I need to do some photoshop work and 3D Studio animation (no textures) in my laptop.

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

I've forwarded this on to the web admins.  For future reference though, the forums and website are not run by the same group of people.  I'll quote the contact info here for the webmaster if you find any more in the future, thanks!

About our Website
Noticed a typo or a faulty link? email us at webmaster@futureshop.com. Include details of where the fault was found.

Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

Visitor
dyops

Thanks! It seems they heard you since the laptop was removed from the website. They are probably correcting the mistake but there are a lot of blog sites out there posting about the laptop with the ATI card.
Julez

[ Edited ]

Hi NicolasP, sorry to hear you are in the same situation. Have you tried contacting Customer Service yet, as suggested above?

@rachelnixon, the turn around is usually 72hrs. I'll follow up and keep you updated via PM.

Moderator Julez
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the WHITE STAR to show your appreciation!
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.