Computers & Laptops

Contributor
shfire

Big Thanks

Well I want to thank you all so so so so much for your very helpful advice. I ended up getting an open box version with a 3 year PSP for a grand total of 1380$. A humongous thanks to Krydos and everyone else for your very helpful comments :smileyhappy:

I am very grateful.

Exalted Expert
Krypto

Indeed.  Now if you think you might want to get into Sims...

[ Edited ]

Indeed.  Now if you think you might want to get into Sims 3 and other new games (and have an enjoyable experience), the HDX is the way to go, but if you intend to stay with the older games, the integrated chipsets can handle them.  It all depends on what you want.

As to school, I'm working on my PhD, so for a lot of school related purposes, the HDX is overkill, but it's nice having the 9600M GT for PhotoShop, etc.  I'm looking forward to the day when I'm done and I can really start experimenting with it and even start playing with 3D.  But when it comes to basic school purposes, any laptop will do.  If you're running any statistical packages, look for something with a decent processor.  Otherwise anything will work.

:smileyhappy:

EDIT:  Oops, that post took me way to long to make :smileytongue:.  Congrats on your purchase and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!

Message Edited by Krypto on 04-27-2009 06:50 PM

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.