Computers & Laptops

Visitor
Question110080

Hi guys, I wanna buy a laptop and I want it's graphics t...

Hi guys, I wanna buy a laptop and I want it's graphics to be just as good or equally as good as my desktop computer.
Trusted Expert
Juice0904

Re: Hi guys, I wanna buy a laptop and I want it's graphics t...

In order for us to be able to help you, we need to know what the specifications of your desktop, specifically the graphics card. Be prepared to pay more money for this laptop than you did for your desktop.

Feel free to sign up to the forums so you can give us the information we need to be able to guide you in the right direction :smileyhappy:

JB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Emerging Expert
rtem

Howdy :smileyhappy:

I'm assuming since you aren't very familiar with PC technology and you are altready planning on buying a second computer you have had your old one for about 2 years. Now that probably means that it is not a very high end computer and has an intergrated graphics card (a poor one to simplify). That would mean that most laptops would be able to function just as well. If you want a much better experience I would suggest spending ~700$ and getting a laptop with dedicated graphics card. If your budget is a bit tighter you are in luck since futureshop at the moment has a sale on a very good price for performance laptop - http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/id/10161420.aspx . This would probably be your best choice at the given moment.

Hope I helped :smileyhappy:

Artem

Exalted Expert
Credible_Chris

Obviously we need to know what the graphics capability on your desktop is, and find a laptop to match.  Be advised that if you're looking for a high-powered gaming laptop, you'll likely pay more than you did for your desktop.  Certainly there are laptops available that will conquer gaming, but it is usually a good idea to consider other things as well, such as size, portability, and battery life.