Computers & Laptops

Visitor
kaseyh

Laptop beeps when plugged in and unplugged?

[ Edited ]

I just got my laptop, the gate nv5441h, last night. Whenever I plug in the power cord to the laptop, or unplug it, there is this insanely loud annoying shrill beep. I can't stand it. Is there anyway to make it stop? Someone please say there's a way to make it stop!

If not I will be returning the laptop cause I'm not putting up with that noise, and I really like the laptop so far and do not want to return it.

found a way to make it stop. I'd delete this but I don't know how..

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
XL

Re: Laptop beeps when plugged in and unplugged?

[ Edited ]

Keep in mind there is a "unformatted" hard drive size from the manufacturer and a "formatted" drive size when the operating system has been installed.

Another part of it may have gone to the OS restoration partition.  If you are an advanced user, you can fire up FDISK (Disk Management).  Be careful, I don't want to be responsible if you do something silly in there.

Emerging Expert
stephen0500

If it is just when you plug it in and just for a few seconds then this is normal. The beep is just a notifier that notifies you when you change your power source. I have not come across a solution for turning it off, you can try looking into your bios when you startup and see if there is an option. Ill search the web for any answers

Thanks,

Stephen Richardson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remember: If this is the answer or has helped you, choose the appropriate option (Accept Solution or Kudos) instead of just leaving it blank. This will help other users find answers easier on the forum.
Visitor
NuclearRobot

I would like you to explain the solution you found. This is exactly the problem I am having and the closest I can find are solutions to computers beeping at startup and such. It would be helpful to other people reading this post if they are having the same problem.

Visitor
kaseyh

what I found to do was to turn off windows sounds. The PC speaker.
go to sounds, through control panel or by right clicking the little speaker. Then go to playback, then choose speakers, properties, then levels. Once there mute and turn the volume all the way down on PC speakers - not Speakers, PC Speakers.
you have to mute and turn it down otherwise it'll still be there just quieter. Press okay and it should be gone!
that works for me, just went through it to make sure. I'm bad at explaining things so I hope this helped!
Visitor
kaseyh

also, this will turn off all windows sounds. As in no little start up music, etc. It will not turn off your music or movies or games sounds if you do it right.
Visitor
downloadpro

This problem is a very easy fix. Found out that there was an update from realtek that takes care of it. work on the gateway and for the acer laptop since well its the same company now. I tried it on the win7 and it works like a charm. Heres the link for it

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=24223&dscr=Realtek%20Audio%20Driver%20Vers...

Visitor
alleysnoop

[ Edited ]

I know it's been a while since this thread had life, but thought I'd weigh in. I was looking for a solution for this VERY annoying beep for my Acer laptop and tried downloading the Realtek fix, but to no avail. My computer still screams, well, ok, beeps LOUDLY when I plug it in or unplug it. :smileysad: I'm totally wishing for a solution-it's ridiculous.

Visitor
sarah08

Go to:

control panel - sounds -

highlight "speakers" and click properties...Under "levels" mute the one that says "pc speakers".

The roaring beep drove me insane!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.