Computers & Laptops

Visitor
Question60785
Accepted Solution

eMachines AMD Athlon 2650e 1.6GHz Desktop Computer (EL1200-01H) can i hook up a vga monitor to this

eMachines AMD Athlon 2650e 1.6GHz Desktop Computer (EL1200-01H) can i hook up a vga monitor to this
Exalted Expert
Krypto

Ah, I see why you're asking this question.  Looks like th...

Ah, I see why you're asking this question.  Looks like the description isn't exactly accurate.  I have yet to see a computer that does not have a VGA output.  This is required for you to use a monitor with the computer (obviously the computer would be useless without a video output).  So even though the description says it doesn't have a VGA output, it does.

I hope that answers your question.  :smileyhappy:

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Expert
Dave

Just to expand on Kryptos response, there are indeed comp...

[ Edited ]

Just to expand on Kryptos response, there are indeed computers without a VGA port, they come with DVI instead.

However there appears to be a typo on the website because it says:

Future Shop Website:

DVI Output No

VGA Output No

It'll have one or the other. If you need VGA and it comes with DVI you can always buy an adapter.

Message Edited by Dave on 04-29-2009 07:28 AM

A+ Certified Computer Technician
www.theFakeGeek.com

Has this post helped you out? Please click on the star on the left!

Exalted Expert
Credible_Chris

Theres definitely someting wrong with the description. Ty...

Theres definitely someting wrong with the description. Typos are known to happen, what good is a desktop tower without some sort of video output?

LOL

Thanks for the clarification Dave - technology is finally...

Thanks for the clarification Dave - technology is finally advancing (this also means that those older monitors are also going to have to be replaced).  I still haven't seen any pre-built computers without VGA, but I just might not be looking at the right ones!

Regardless, based on the price of this computer, I'm 99.9% certain it will have a VGA output.

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

Lemme fill in the last 0.1% of doubt -- the mini-eMachine...

Lemme fill in the last 0.1% of doubt -- the mini-eMachine does, indeed, come with a VGA output.
Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.