Computers & Laptops

Visitor
Question48126

how do you get an LG monitor out of power saving mode

how do you get an LG monitor out of power saving mode
Exalted Expert
Krypto

Usually it should sense that it's connected to a computer...

Usually it should sense that it's connected to a computer that's powered up.  If it's connected to a laptop, you might need to change the video settings on the laptop to ensure it's outputting to the external monitor, but for a desktop computer, it should work with no problem.

Do you have any additional information you can provide to us about this problem?  If so, please join the forums and we'll hopefully be able to help further.

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

If the LG monitor is on Power Saving Mode, it is not rece...

[ Edited ]

If the LG monitor is on Power Saving Mode, it is not receiving a video signal from your computer. Make sure your computer is turned on and running, and that the cable is properly plugged into the back of the monitor, as well as the back of the computer. If your computer has more than one video-out port, ensure the cable is plugged into the correct one. Try all of them.

Also check to make sure the monitor is displaying the proper input. If the ends of the video cable are square, with a bunch of pins all lined up in a row, make sure the monitor is in Digital mode. If the end of the cable is blue, has around 15 pins, and is shaped like a rhombus, make sure the monitor is in Analog mode. You can change between the two by pressing the Source button on the monitor.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Krypto. Serves me right for going AFK... 

Message Edited by Tanarus on 10-30-2008 01:50 AM
Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Visitor
kristieleigh

LG Monitor Power Saving Mode

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my LG monitor. When I press the source button it keeps on saying Analog Mode but won't change out of it. What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Kristie

Exalted Expert
Morfanos

Are you sure your monitor is connected to your computer w...

kristieleigh wrote:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my LG monitor. When I press the source button it keeps on saying Analog Mode but won't change out of it. What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Kristie

Are you sure your monitor is connected to your computer with a DVI cable? If you're using the cable that came with the monitor, it's connected using a VGA cable. DVI = digital signal and VGA = analog signal.

Until next time,
Morfanos

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.