Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

I lost my receipt but laptop is still under manufacturer's warranty. What do i do now?

I purchased an HP laptop on Dec. 24, 2015 and the hard drive is about to die.  I get errors on startup and diagnostics show immenent hard drive failure.

HP Support Tool shows manufacturer's warranty is valid until December 24, 2016.  I'm pretty sure I purchased using cash and I lost my receipt.  How do I go about getting the laptop repaired under warranty?

Highlighted
Luminary

Re: I lost my receipt but laptop is still under manufacturer's warranty. What do i do now?

Hello Snuendo,

With HP units you are able to bring it to any Geek Squad location and they can verify the serial number and part numbers through HP to see if it is still under warranty. Even without your proof of purchase HP can base warranty off the serial number batch. As long as the HP partner site labels it as in warranty they can faciliate it to a HP repair center. Keep in mind if the HP site labels it as out of warranty than proof of purchase is required and the same goes for it if they authorize a exchange of any sort. Also keep in mind that if you need any data retrieved off the machine and/or physical damages will not be covered.

Hope that helps and cheers ^_^