Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Not to much choices on gaming computers in stores? *HELP*

Why is there so much more choices for gaming computers to buy online but not in stores? Im looking to buy an ASUS G30 Gaming PC.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-g30-gaming-pc-intel-i7-4770k-2tb-hdd-128gb-sdd-16gb-ra...

Is it possible to ask a someone who works at the store to order it and then I pick it up at the store? My parents do not trust buy stuff on the web as she believes who credit card will be robbed again.

If anyone knows an email that  I can contact bestbuy for this answer please let me know. If you know that they can do this for you please let me know aswell.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Re: Not to much choices on gaming computers in stores? *HELP*

[ Edited ]

Hey man, You can go into your local bestbuy and ask them to order it online for you! You can pay in any method including a gift card and we can have it delivered to the store or to your house! Shipping can take 4-8 business days and you'll have your dream PC ready to game with!

Legendary Luminary

the reason for so few gaming computers in store is amount of sales vs space to display them

too display a bunch of gaming computers, and then have lack of sales doesn't make sense for them. hense the online stock

as for cc online, most banks and i believe bby.ca does insure against fraud, however the easy work around would be buy a gift card and use that to order online

if there is stock of the computer you want in the distribution warehouse it can be ordered to the store, however if its online only, the only option is to order it online 

bby wizkid
Highlighted
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Have you considered a gaming laptop?  Best Buy stores sell gaming laptops by Asus, Alienware, & HP.  They offer all the power of a gaming desktop plus portability so you can take your gaming on the road.  They also have multiple video outputs so that you can still connect them to a TV or large monitor and game on a big screen or multiple displays.

Also, In many cases a gaming laptop is the same or less expensive than a desktop.

Something to consider...

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

The G750 is a formidable machine...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-republic-of-gaming-17-3-gaming-laptop-black-intel-core...

Keep in mind there are several variations with HD screens, memory and optical drives.  I'm looking for the 3D version and have waited nearly a year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeZC8ot1UQU&hd=1

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I absolutely love my G750. I know all the reasons at the end of the day why the hardcore PC gamer will give the edge to desktop over laptop, but this really is a great gaming machine for most purposes. I often play through my big screen tv with a USB gaming keyboard/mouse/gamepad and never notice any issues with latency, overheating, etc... the fact that it's portable is just gravy on top. It's awesome to know that all my games can come with me to the cabin when I'm taking next week off in Fernie Smiley Wink

photo signature-member_zps0ovpnde8.jpg