Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Tablet Connectivity Issue

I bought a WiFi Security Camera and was able to set it up on both my Android and iPad tablets but couldn’t get the camera connected using the PC software so I contacted the camera maker’s tech support and they changed a bunch of settings in my router and did some port forwarding and now the PC software works fine but both tablets no longer connect to the camera. Their tech support has tried everything they can think of to solve the problem with the tablets but nothing has worked. The strange thing is that both tablets worked for almost a day after the PC software started working but the tablets then both failed to connect to the camera at about the same time. I contacted my ISP and they said they are not blocking any ports and everything looks fine on their end and that it’s a problem with my WiFi network. Everything else with the tablets and my PC works fine including web browsing and email. Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be?

Legendary Oracle
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: Tablet Connectivity Issue

To clarify.... which wifi security camera did you purchase?

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera - 1080P (1920TVL), IP2M-841.

The Captain

I found the problem. I unchecked the enable video sub stream box in settings that I shouldn't have unchecked.