Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

samsung smart tv is turning on and off by itself continuously

samsung smart tv is turning on and off by itself continuously, and i purchased the tv just 6 months ago from bestbuy do they exchange it or should repair? 

Highlighted
Legendary Oracle

Re: samsung smart tv is turning on and off by itself continuously

[ Edited ]

HaroutKzirian wrote:

samsung smart tv is turning on and off by itself continuously, and i purchased the tv just 6 months ago from bestbuy do they exchange it or should repair? 

Hi there @HaroutKzirian , welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-in forum Smiley Happy

Since you've had the TV for 6 months now, I presume the problem started recently ?

It could be a simple problem which may be related to older HDMI cables, which were not rated for higher speeds etc.., to a failing capacitor in the TV's power supply, or a button stuck on the remote control.

The TV is covered by the Manufacturer for 1 year for any manufacturing defects.

As you've now owned the TV for 6 months, or over 30 days, you will have to deal with the manufacturer for any warranty claims. Like all retailers, Best Buy can only perform an exchange/replacement/refund as customer service, within the first 30 days of purchase.

By contacting Samsung's customer service center ( 1-800-726-7864 ), they will advise you as to the nearest authorized service center, and make necessary arrangements to repair your TV.

It's for reasons such as yours that Best Buy offers a Geek Squad Protection Plan, which covers your investment for up to 4 years, including for defects not covered by the manufacturer.

Best Buy also offers a Geek Squad Membership service, to those that have existing TV which need protection and needed service especially when relocating. You can get more detailed information about this GSM service at any Best Buy.

I hope this helps.