Highlighted
The Captain
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

BEWARE QR computers, sellers of "refurbished" computers. They do not refund

Purchased a "refurbished" lenovo from QR through the best buy site. Returned it defective. It's been two months now and they are ignoring my correspondence and calls. I have yet to get a refund despite their 15 day after receipt policy. Small claims action coming up. Anyone else have this problem?

Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

Re: BEWARE QR computers, sellers of "refurbished" computers. They do not refund

Welcome to the Best Buy Community Plug-In forum @DonnaKopp Smiley Happy

Bummer to hear you're having problems with the refurbished computer you purchased.Smiley Sad

I presume that you purchased the unit from QR Computers on the Best Buy web site.

I know that the e-commerce vendors each have different return policies and regulations than Best Buy Canada, which must be followed, to be able to get refunded.

QR Computers also seems to have different stipulations on their return policy, and I hope you followed their procedures.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Elico47, surely BlackBerry has some type of policy to protect consumers who purchase products through third parties on their website, like any other competitor who offers the same type of selling setup, right? I would hope consumers aren't completely at the mercy of those who use BlackBerry as a storefront.  For example, on a competitor, I bought something from a third party who then didn't actually shop the item out (despite providing shipping details), the item never arrived and I had to request a refund.  The seller did not respond to my inquiries, and I ultimately submitted a dispute through the competitor who ultimately took the hit themselves and provided me a refund out of their coffers. Does Best Buy offer similar protection for customers purchasing through third parties on their website?

Not passing judgment in this specific case per se, but more a general inquiry.

JB

Legendary Oracle

Hi @Juice0904, Best Buy does have a code of ethics that applies to both employees and other business partners.

I would encourage that @DonnaKopp report a concern or place a question to powers that be, at Best Buy Company Headquarters using the links provided.

I have requested to have this issue looked into and I am looking forward to a response.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Perfect! Thanks for the info @Elico47, that's exactly what I was looking for in terms of my inquiry.

I hope your situation gets resolved one way or another @DonnaKopp.

JB

Community Manager

Juice0904 wrote:

@Elico47, surely BlackBerry has some type of policy to protect consumers who purchase products through third parties on their website, like any other competitor who offers the same type of selling setup, right? I would hope consumers aren't completely at the mercy of those who use BlackBerry as a storefront.  For example, on a competitor, I bought something from a third party who then didn't actually shop the item out (despite providing shipping details), the item never arrived and I had to request a refund.  The seller did not respond to my inquiries, and I ultimately submitted a dispute through the competitor who ultimately took the hit themselves and provided me a refund out of their coffers. Does Best Buy offer similar protection for customers purchasing through third parties on their website?

Not passing judgment in this specific case per se, but more a general inquiry.

JB

Hey @Juice0904

That's a good inquiry. In situations like that, Best Buy definitely intervenes to assist, provide protection, provide a refund, and come to a resolution. That's done on a case by case basis as each order is different and each marketplace vendor is different. There isn't a set recipe as to exactly what's done, but Best Buy definitely intervenes when it comes to situations like that to take care of the customer's issue. Smiley Happy

With the Best Buy Marketplace, customers can click on the escalate button in their purchasing portal. Those issues are definitely escalated to the marketplace support team so they know what's happening, and they can intervene accordingly.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager

DonnaKopp wrote:

Purchased a "refurbished" lenovo from QR through the best buy site. Returned it defective. It's been two months now and they are ignoring my correspondence and calls. I have yet to get a refund despite their 15 day after receipt policy. Small claims action coming up. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey @DonnaKopp.

Sorry to read about the issue you've described. Waiting that long is definitely frustrating. 

There is an escalate button in your purchasing portal if you need to escalate your issue. This is specific to customers who are purchasing items sold by a third party marketplace seller. The Best Buy marketplace support team definitely receives these notifications so they can coordinate with the seller and also intervene accordingly.

However, since you said you've been waiting that long and that you have not gotten any correspondence from this seller, I would like to escalate this to the marketplace support team myself. Could you please send me a private message with your order details (your contact info, your order number, PO number, etc.). I can then forward that along to marketplace support. Someone from that department will provide further assistance. I'll wait for you to send me that info via private message.

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

Of course I followed their procedures. To the letter. I'm not the only one having problems.

http://forums.**competitor**/refurbished-laptop-best-buy-marketplace-qr-computers-2005439/

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi @DonnaKopp.

I removed your post with all that order info. For privacy reasons, we don't allow users to post all that private info on the public facing side of the forum. To send me a private message, simply click on my profile name, and you will see a button to send me a private message. 

I have copy and pasted what you sent me before removing that post. I will forward this along, and someone from customer service or marketplace support can provide all further assistance.

When you view your order history for marketplace orders, there should be an escalate button in that portal for that order. It should be in the messaging service when you submit a message to the seller.

L_B1E5.tmp.PNG

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

This company, CNB computers, going under QR computers on your site, today advises me that since I bought this computer on through BestBuy  it is BestBuy that owes me a refund.

I used the 'escalate' option as suggested by Terence. No response. From anyone. Not even an acknowledgment from Bestbuy.