The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: BEWARE QR computers, sellers of "refurbished" computers. They do not refund

Thanks Juice
Legendary Epic Genius

Give it some time - when I submitted my dispute through the competitor, I didn't get acknowledgement right away either, but I got my refund in the end.

@BBYTerence is pretty awesome and I know he's working his butt off to try to get you the help you need. I know it's hard in these types of situations, but please be patient. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Best of luck.

JB

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello @DonnaKopp.

I have been told that the marketplace seller has issued a refund this morning. It might take 3-5 business days for it to actually go through and for you to see the refund on your credit card, but the refund was issued this morning. They themselves might not actually reach out to you now since Best Buy has already instructed them to issue a refund, and that refund is in progress.

Pressing that "escalate" button won't necessarily prompt an instantaneous response. Furthermore, the marketplace support team, who has instructed the vendor to issue the refund, is not ignoring your issue; I think they prioritized communicating with the vendor first before acknowledging to you that they have received your complaint. Rest assured, they are not trying to ignore your issue. They wanted to make sure the vendor would issue a refund ASAP, which the vendor confirmed they will do. That happened this morning.

The marketplace support team should be sending you an email as confirmation/acknowledgment. They most likely just did not send it instantaneously. You should also receive an automated email confirmation for the refund once that's finalized. Therefore, there's no action that you need to take, but if you would still like to speak to someone in customer service, I would suggest giving them a call at 1-866-BEST-BUY, however, there's really no need since the refund is already in progress.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Captain

Thank you, Terence.

Indeed I have finally received a refund.

I do not believe this would happened without your team intervening on my behalf. This certainly restores my confidence in BestBuy.

Thank you all so much for intervening on my behalf.

Donna