Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Im wanting to watch movies from my external hard drive to my tv through my internet, what do i need?

Hi there,

I want to know how to connect an external hard drive from my network to my tv, so i can watch movies from my computer... Someone told me to use Roku type box, but I'm quite new in this type of knowledge..  So i was wondering if someone can please help me along with this please?   I have internet 150 from shaw, But when I go to Roku's website it says i need to buy some channels which i don't want to because all i want to do is to be able to watch movies from my computer network to my tv...   Is there any network device like ie: Roku that can do this without paying a subscription fee..?

If anyone can help me out with this that would be very helpful and grateful...    as well please provide me information and pictures etc. on how to do so...

Thanks

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Im wanting to watch movies from my external hard drive to my tv through my internet, what do i n

What kind of TV do you have? Lots of newer TV's you can plug your external drive right into the tv and watch them that way.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Im wanting to watch movies from my external hard drive to my tv through my internet, what do i n

I like to use Chromecast.  

I can stream anything from my phone or my laptop to the TV screen via the WiFi.