Truth Seeker
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

i heard concerns about battery performance, can you shed some information, life and how long charge

i am interest in laptop asus AMD Quad core amd 10 amd 9700 i heard concerns about battery performance and life? Can somebody shed some light on this issue. thanks Lee

Luminary

Re: i heard concerns about battery performance, can you shed some information, life and how long cha

really depends on the model of the unit you are looking at. Each model will have different amount of cell's on the battery which would dictate the usage time. Besides that you need to consider what else it is running and how you are using it, example: dedicated gfx card, screen brightness, sound, etc.

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: i heard concerns about battery performance, can you shed some information, life and how long cha

It also depends on the programs you are using on it.

Legendary Hero of the Universe

There is way to many varibles to say for sure. As stated by the other posts it really depends on model as well as what you will be using it for

Highlighted
Legendary Epic Genius

Hi there,

Most laptops nowadays should get a solid 3 hours of battery use if not more depending on screen size, brightness level and the task(s) at hand.

My 13" dell xps gets approx 6-7 hours of battery life when just browsing the net and a word document open typing away while at school. I helped a client today with a 15" Asus that had an i5 cpu and installed a couple programs, brightness was at a minimum and also downloaded ms office which was around 3gb - over the course of little more than an hour the battery life dropped by about 50%

So your results may vary

Happy shopping
Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627