ConnectPro Car Audio Services

Visitor
diamondz101

95 caprice dies after remote starter installed

My BF had a remote starter/ alarm put on his car, the same day when he drove it, it went dead while driving, he ran his battery down trying to re-start it, when i gave him a jump-off it started right up, so we figured the battery was week and we replaced it with a titanium.  Well, that still did not fix it because it has still died several times, he has most problems in the morning before work, yesterday morning it died on his way to work and when i made it there to jump start him it started on it's own, When he got off work he checked all connections and grounds and found no problems. this morning he could not pull out of the drive way because it dies continuously.  This only started to happen after the remote start was installed, what could be the problem?

Thanks

Emerging Expert
jeev155

Could be a bad alternator or a wiring shortage that is ca...

Could be a bad alternator or a wiring shortage that is causing power to be wasted.

Take it to a shop and get them to test the alternator.

Visitor
diamondz101

I did not have the alternator tested but the battery is n...

I did not have the alternator tested but the battery is never dead when this happens because the starter will engage and the car never fails to turn over, it njust does not start right back up
Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
Stu

Sounds to me like a bad alternator. The battery is only u...

Sounds to me like a bad alternator. The battery is only used to start the car, once the car is started, the car gets all its power from the alternator.
-Stu

MECP Certified Advanced Installer
Visitor
diamondz101

I put a scan tool on it and i got codes 16 and 34.

I put a scan tool on it and i got codes 16 and 34.
Trusted Expert
ShwaCarInstall

could also be a problem at the key cylinder (lose connect...

could also be a problem at the key cylinder (lose connection for the factory wiring). if it was done at a FS I would get them to look at it, and if there is a problem they will take care of you.

if you did it yourself, you may have to take it to a certified mechanic

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.