Visitor
LindaHawkinsCohen

Can Future Shop clean your laptop?

I've had my macbook pro laptop for two years. It's been awesome and I have 84% of my battery power left. But it's been heating up more and the fans are dusty. I'm not confident of unscrewing the back and using a compressed air can. I think I'd mess up so I'd rather have it done by someone who knows how to do it. How much does it cost at Future Shop to have a laptop cleaned?

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
XL

Re: Can Future Shop clean your laptop?

If not compressed air, have you considered a ShopVac vacuum?  It's amazing what these devices can inhale.  Sometimes the keys off a keyboard!

Contributor
cl-jeffrey

I have contacted future shop for you and they said that you will have to contact their shop for a better idea of what you are trying to do so they can give your a detailed price list breakdown.

Visitor
NatashaCohen

Thanks for the answer (this is me, someone else was signed into facebook when I posted this) I called Futureshop and was disappointed - they said with the labour involved in unscrewing the laptop (they said it's very hard to do) to clean the vents it would be around 100 dollars. Sigh I guess it's more disappointing they make computers so hard to clean. xD I don't have confidence to try myself. Some people say compressed air just blowing into the vents help but others say this just blows dust into other parts of the laptop. Some say using a vacum to suck up dust help but others say it's bad. It's hard to find straight info on this!

Visitor
NatashaCohen

All I want em to do is just clean the vents/or the fans of my macbook pro. :smileyhappy:

Visitor
NatashaCohen

I'll just wait for my bro to help us clean our comps, he's better at this stuff then me!
Contributor
cl-jeffrey

Here is a link that should make your a pro in cleaning the dust from your macbook pro. Just buy a can of air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gtjhv7m-Q

Have fun. Just make sure you wear a mask so the dust does not go in you.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.