Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Dave

Re: ConnectPro launches Online Support

From the website:

"Review your privacy settings in accordance with Public Safety Canada’s recommendations • Check your wireless settings • Examine your PC for file sharing programs • Check if the firewall is enabled; if not, secure the firewall"

All that for only $79.99..... Seems a bit steep fellas. :smileywink: 

A+ Certified Computer Technician
www.theFakeGeek.com

Has this post helped you out? Please click on the star on the left!

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

Thanks for checking us out, Dave!  That service you mentioned does include quite a bit by covering the Government's checklist, there are 10 items in their list, some of which include training.
Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

I still think this is a really cool idea. Looking forward to seeing some great results!

Make sure the program really takes off so there's a spot for me to try and grab when the pilot's done. >_>

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Emerging Expert
cbruner

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I am Chris. I am also one of the Online Support Expert. Have been with Future Shop as an In-Store Tech for almost 4 years now.

I'm confident that we can help a lot of people through this program, as well as on this board.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to connect with one of us.

Message Edited by Chris_B on 10-24-2009 11:27 AM
Message Edited by Chris_B on 10-24-2009 11:29 AM
Contributor
mnguyen

CPOS rocks! check out my sig!
quickinferno

Dave wrote:

From the website:

"Review your privacy settings in accordance with Public Safety Canada’s recommendations • Check your wireless settings • Examine your PC for file sharing programs • Check if the firewall is enabled; if not, secure the firewall"

All that for only $79.99..... Seems a bit steep fellas. :smileywink: 

I have to agree with Dave, a bit too steep there.

And what does:

• Set up, streamline, and personalize your new computer to fit your needs• Show you how to get the most out of your computer

mean? 

Exalted Expert
roparadi

It's great that everyone's checking out the site!  If you'd like to know more details about what's involved in our services, give it a try! I'm sure you'll be satisfied.
Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

Dave

roparadi wrote:
It's great that everyone's checking out the site!  If you'd like to know more details about what's involved in our services, give it a try! I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Perhaps we could get a better description of your services. Shelling out $79 to find out "more details about what's involved" seems...well....

By the Public Safety Recommendations do you mean this: http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/prg/em/cbr/prtct-pc-eng.aspx ? It doesn't seem too involved and all of those checks are either covered by Internet Security Packages (such as Norton 360) today will take care of all of those points. Not to mention your service seems to only "review" the computer's security and doesn't actually do anything about it, that's another fee.

www.theFakeGeek.com

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Krypto

Still, for people who know nothing about their computers, this could be a useful service.  A lot of people know how to browse dangerous websites (I think you know what I mean) or they know how to click on a link that they have no clue about, but they know nothing about keeping their computer safe.  For these people, this can be a very useful service.

I know HP offers a similar service and it's priced similarly.

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Dave

Right Krypto but there is a difference between offering a useful service for a reasonable price and charging $79 for a few checks that your Internet Security suite most likely already does. 

It's a good service but it should not be $79. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the service.

www.theFakeGeek.com

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.