Contributor
Alden
Accepted Solution

Flickering Pixels

I have a Sony VAIO 15.5" Intel Core i5-2410M that i bought last september (its under warrenty)

and it seems to have flickering green pixels in a sparkling/sprinkling pattern

it usually happens on dark spots on the screen

does anyone know how to fix this?

Recognized Expert
clicker22

Re: Flickering Pixels

[ Edited ]

let me google that for you ---> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flickering+green+pixels+monitor :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Alden

...i did a lot of google searching before posting here...(I only posted here because i bought my laptop at futureshop)

none of them matches my problem completely...similar but not exact

most of them were talking about checking the monitor connections....mine a laptop so the monitor is a part of the machine

some of it were asking to check if the graphic card was seated properly.....but mines a laptop.....i dont want to open it and cause further problems

some said to update my driver...mines already up to date...i think.....(in the device manager it says its up to date)

i have an AMD Radeon HD 6470M  in my laptop i went on the site and used the auto detect and after it installed it said it wasnt compatable

and it seems to be getting worst

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

Without having a look at it, it's tough to say if the point of failure is the graphics chip in the laptop or the actual display. It's very likely one of those, though, and since it's a hardware issue, it should be covered under your warranty.

Back up any important data you have on the laptop, then either contact Sony directly for warranty service, or bring the laptop to Future Shop, where the technicians can facilitate the repair for you.

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Contributor
Alden

ok thank you very much

at least your quite helpful

Recognized Expert
clicker22

The replys from Google are saying to bring it in for replacing or servicing hope that helps you :smileyhappy:

Recognized Expert
clicker22

[ Edited ]

i was just trying to start you on the right path wasn't trying to be unhelpfull :smileyembarrassed:

Contributor
Alden

servicing was going to be my last choice

i just want to know if theres anything i can do before bring it in

and i did make back ups the moment i noticed the weird sparkly green pixels

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done in the event of a hardware failure (and what CAN be done requires you to open the laptop and risk voiding the warranty that would otherwise fix the problem anyway.)

While it may be inconvenient, it's really the best way to go in a case like this.

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Contributor
Alden

[ Edited ]

i see...thanks

by the way...its looking like static now lol

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.