ConnectPro Computer Services

Visitor
Question59774

I bought an acer AM5700-E5720A for my daughter. First, I backup the entire hard drive, then I restored the programs and setting from her previous XP computer. Some files/programs were lost. When I went to restore the original VISTA, the DVD's were blank.

I bought an acer AM5700-E5720A for my daughter. First, I backup the entire hard drive, then I restored the programs and setting from her previous XP computer. Some files/programs were lost. When I went to restore the original VISTA, the DVD's were blank.
Visitor
etvalleyboy

Acer Aspire Intel Quad Core Q8200 2.33GHz Computer (AM5700-E5720A) RECOVERY PROBLEM

When you first started the new computer, did you allow it to fully initialize. Then, did you create recovery DVD's, in case there was a problem? Recovery DVD's are not backup DVD's. To bring programs and files from a previous computer, you should burn the files to a CD/DVD. As for the programs, they should be installed from the original disks. I hope that you did erase or format the complete hard drive. Part of the original hard drive had a hidden partition for the recovery. Follow the link below for eRecovery.

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20for%20%20DT.pdf

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.