ConnectPro Computer Services

Visitor
JohnnyJimBob

System Restore Discs Downgraded my Windows???

I recently had to restore my system using the ConnectPro System Recovery Discs, but when I completed the process, my Acer Aspire 4810T had Windows Vista Home Premium on it instead of Windows 7 Home Premium, which is what I bought it with. (It even has the sticker on the laptop as well!)

I have looked up on how to upgrade, but I need the windows 7 Upgrade DVD, but I was never given that by the store.

Can someone help please?

Thank you.

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

Re: System Restore Discs Downgraded my Windows???

If it came with Windows 7, then I would take your disks back to the store you got them from and explain what happened.  They should replace the disks with proper ones that have Windows 7 on them.  Bring your receipt with you as well!

Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

Visitor
JohnnyJimBob

Hi Robert,

I agree and would love to do that, however I am now living in the Cayman Island and the store I purchased it from is in Mississauga ON. Is there an option for an electronic version to be sent to me?

I have no clue as to when I will be back in Canada again, so its really not an option to be there physically.

Thank you.

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Juice0904

Make note of the model# and manufacturer of your laptop and the purchase date, and give customer service a call and explain to them what happened.  They should be able to walk you through some way of fixing the problem.

1-800-663-2275

JB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

[ Edited ]

Hmm, I took a look at the specifications for your model of laptop and it seems to come with Windows Vista Home Premium.  Did you get Windows 7 upgrade disks for it?  If you did, you will have to reload them every time you use the recovery disks in order to get Windows 7 back.  If you didn't, I'm curious how it had Windows 7 included.

Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.