Visitor
riverdrivecarp

multi-gesture touch pad????

hi i just bought a gateway nv few weeks back and dont know how to get the multi gesture touch pad to work,i cant pinch to zoom or flick or swirl like it says it does Help Me Please
Visitor
riverdrivecarp

Re: multi-gesture touch pad????

NOBODY??? where are all the future shop computer techs at? i buy my laptop from here and nobody can help. I dont see an option to change in the settings either.FALSE ADVERTISING when u list it as a feature and it doesnt come with it
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

[ Edited ]

Hey, riverdrivecarp. Sorry for not getting to you earlier.

What's the model number of your Gateway laptop? I'll have a look at it for you when I'm back in at work tomorrow (if we still have any at work), and see if I can figure out what's going on there.

Message Edited by Tanarus on 07-13-2009 05:25 PM
Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Former ConnectPro Computer Technician
Visitor
riverdrivecarp

the model i have is the gateway NV5409h
Tanarus

Heya.

Had a look at the NV5409h we've got on demo here, and it doesn't look like it's got any multi-touch capabilities. The included driver software is the basic Synaptics touchpad driver, with no multi-touch options or components. There's no special driver for the touchpad on Gateway's site, either.

I noticed that this product page says that the laptop does, in fact, have a multi-touch touchpad. I'll notify a moderator and let them know of the mistake.

Ken R.
Visitor
riverdrivecarp

so your telling me that  you cant help me out? i think that false advertising cause one of the reasons i bought this laptop was for that reason
Tanarus

I'm afraid there's not much more I can do here, seeing as how the touchpad has no 'official' multi-touch support. You may have some luck with older, modified versions of the Synaptics touchpad driver, but these are unofficial and Future Shop can't provide any support for them. Nevertheless, if you're still interested, a Google search for "enable laptop synaptics multitouch" brings up a few interesting webpages. Again, use of these is at your own risk!

Failing that, if you're unhappy with the situation, you may want to call Future Shop Customer Service at 1-800-663-2275 and tell them about your situation. Though the laptop is out-of-policy, you bought it for a function that was advertised but isn't officially supported. I'm sure they'll be able to figure out some alternative for you.

Ken R.
Visitor
pandahb

I don't have a gateway, but I have the Acer Aspire 5535 and it is official that it has the multi-gesture touchpad. And it worked when I first started using it but all of a sudden it stopped working and its made me pretty sad because its barely 4 days old. Could I have accidentaly turned it off and is there a way to turn it back on?
Tanarus

That's possible. You should be able to turn on the functions either through the touchpad icon down at the bottom right corner of the screen (it might look like a touchpad, or it might look like a red box with a white swirl, double-click on it to open the options) or through the Mouse options in the Control Panel.

Ken R.
Visitor
sweetnurse64

It is a multi gesture touchpad , it says right hand corner of the computer.  I just got this Gateway NV 54 yesterday with it and it I can't get this touchpad under control  I am taking it back.  It is so touchy you can't do anything without the pages flipping to another one and cursor going all over the place.  No place in the guides can I find out how to control this thing.  I have found how to change the properties but I don't know what they mean.  Who has ever heard of "pan scrolling" and all this stuff.  So how do you know what to change it to.  Where is the guide that explains the guide?  Very confusing.  Sorry  but it sometimes takes me 5 times to type a response and it is very frustrating!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.